- Can any body beat Cliff Lee? I mean seriously. You wanna talk about a guy who has stepped up and played like a man among boys so far in the playoffs. I mean the man has shut down the yanks and rays like he was pitching against someone like the pirates. I really doubt the giants will be able to muster the offense to get a run across but, even if they score one... They still gotta keep the very hot Texas bats quiet that night aswell.
- Proof positive: Pitching Wins Championships- The Rangers have been as solid pitching team as anybody in the month of October, Ill take their 4 against any other 4 in the league right now because even the Bankees with the most expensive line up in baseball history couldn't get the job done against the Rangers staff. That being said, The Giants have had one of the best pitching staffs in the senior circuit (N.L) for the last 3-4 years with "the freak" leading a young and talented staff. And unlike the Rangers, the giants pitchers haven't had a explosive offense behind them all year... they still don't know where this Cody Ross character came from last week.
- Home Field Business- The N.L. has home field advantage for the first time since... well its been a really long time. This has more of an affect on the A.L. teams generally than the N.L. because the A.L. teams always have that great offensive talent D.H. who either moves like an 80 year old in the field or doesn't even own a glove. Vlad probably falls into the first of these 2 categories. Plus generally A.L. pitchers are even more useless than N.L. pitchers with the bat. That being said, the Rangers could bat 2 pitchers and I'd still say the Rangers have the better offense.
- Theres a Lucky Man- Benji Molina is blessed in the fact, that win or lose, he is getting a world series ring. Molina was traded from the Giants to the Rangers so he is part of both championship teams seasons. Not to say he doesn't want his team to win it, but gotta like that insurance... just saying.
- Bold Prediction- Rangers in 6. This may be a gift based on offensive offense displayed by the N.L. throughout the playoffs, the giants in particular.
Tell me I'm wrong but that's what I'll be watching for during these playoffs