The Indians continued to play on the field that had ivy covering the outfield wall and Deep Left Center measuring at 405 feet. Then in 1967, the Stadium was once again renamed to what we in Indianapolis now today, Bush Stadium. Bush Stadium was named after Indianapolis native, former baseball player and the owner of the Indians in the 50’s and 60’s, Donnie Bush.
The Stadium remained a place for baseball both for Indians and a few Negro League teams through the mid-ninety’s. In 1987 the field was even “dressed” for the filming of “Eight Men Out” where Bush Stadium was portrayed as Comiskey and Crosely Field. For those who don’t know Eight Men Out was a film about the 1919 Black Sox Scandal in which games were threw because of bets placed on the outcome.
The Marris Minute